Saunders Waterford is a professional artist watercolour paper made to the highest standards. It is absolutely exquisite & a pleasure to use. 100% cotton, acid free, lightfast & archival Saunders Waterford watercolour paper has been made by the St Cuthberts Mill since the 1700s in Somerset UK and comes with the endorsement of The Royal Watercolour Society of Britain.
Because the surface is created using woollen felts it has a distinctive, random texture rather than a patterned finish. The papers are sized with gelatine which makes it stronger & more resilient to rougher treatment.
- 100% Cotton
- Highest quality papermaking material with excellent archival properties
- Mould Made
- Superior surface stability
- Acid Free & Archival
- The paper will last for hundreds of years (in good storage conditions) and won’t discolour or fall apart.
- Deckle Edges
- The 4 deckle edges are visually very beautiful, and are perfect for float framing.
- Gelatine Surface Sized
- Makes the sheet very strong and assists with flow of wash from brush to paper. It is resistant to scrubbing and other extreme treatments like masking fluid removal.
- Beautiful Random Surface Texture
- Surface enhances the finished painting
- Watermarked and Embossed
- For authenticity
- Endorsed by the Royal Watercolour Society
- Recommended by this highly prestigious group of watercolorists.
- No need to soak and stretch the sheet as the paper dries flat. Excellent for painting on location.
- Suitable for Multimedia
- In addition to watercolour, this paper is suitable for pastel, gouache, acrylic, pencil, charcoal, pen & ink and printmaking.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other School Art Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.